The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen last week’s FanPost Friday? We want to know: What do you think of the free agent spring training camp?
- The Yankees have signed Adam Lind to a minor-league deal.
- The Blue Jays have signed Seung-Hwan Oh.
- The Orioles have signed Danny Valencia to a minor-league deal.
- The Royals have signed Lucas Duda to a 1-year deal.
- Justin Upton skipped free agency for a reason.
- Astros’ young star Yuli Gurriel will be out 5-6 weeks after hand surgery. I don’t wanna say karma...so I won’t, but I totally thought it.
- The comeback kid of 2017 could soon have a club. The Angels could pursue Greg Holland.
- Red Sox want to rename Yawkey Way to ‘reinforce that Fenway Park is inclusive’.
- Russell Wilson looked like a danged baseball player in his at-bat for the Yankees.
- The Nationals are remaining engaged with Jake Arrieta on contract talks, which seems odd considering their fear of commitment. Please stop throwing things at me.
- Party on, everyone. Cleveland has signed Mike Napoli to a minor-league deal.
- The Blue Jays have shut down Marcus Stroman due to shoulder inflammation.
- Noah Syndergaard started his spring training with a bunch of 100-mph fastballs because it’s always good to ease into the season slowly, ya know?
- The Major League Baseball Players Association wants to hold Major League Baseball accountable.
- It’s Freak Season, baby. The Rangers have signed Tim Lincecum to a 1-year deal. Take to the streets, Timmy fans everywhere.
- The Phillies have had recent contact with pitcher Lance Lynn. Ya know, kind of like close encounters of the fourth kind.
- There are the best landing spot for for each of the top three remaining free-agent starters. Can you believe these guys are still on the market?
- Phillies pitcher Pat Neshek got lit up by his small child, then roasted on Twitter.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On March 3rd, 2012, Padres sign Cameron Maybin to a five-year contract extension.