The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our FanPost Friday? We want to know: What do you think of the free agent spring training camp?
- The Dodgers have interest in extending Clayton Kershaw’s contract.
- The White Sox have signed Robbie Ross to a minor-league deal.
- Mike Pelfrey has announced his retirement.
- The Cardinals and Paul DeJong have agreed to a 6-year extension.
- The Royals have signed Jon Jay to a 1-year deal.
- It’s early March and we’re still doing free agent updates.
- Mariners’ Ben Gamel will be out 4-6 weeks with an oblique strain.
- The Orioles are reportedly interested in free agent Neil Walker.
- The Twins and Byron Buxton have mutual interest in a contract extension for the young centerfielder.
- The Twins are still monitoring the starting pitcher market.
- Weekend MiLB discussion: just who has the best farm system?
- The Braves have acquired Ryan Schimpf from the Rays.
- What if the Drew Pomeranz injury is serious?
- The “3 prospects you need to know” database. Now all the hard work is gone.
- The Athletics have released Brandon Moss, who could retire.
- The Rangers have signed Julio Pablo Martinez.
- The Mariners and Ichiro are close to deal to bring the veteran back to Seattle.
- Twins, Brian Dozier have not discussed contract extension. YET.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On March 7th, 1955, commissioner Ford Frick announces he favors the legalization of the spitter. Times sure have changed.