The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our FanPost Friday? We want to know: What do you think of the free agent spring training camp?
- The Dodgers have interest in extending Clayton Kershaw’s contract.
- The Blue Jays have signed Tyler Clippard to a minor-league deal.
- Mike Pelfrey has announced his retirement.
- The Rockies and Carlos Gonzalez are reportedly close to a deal.
- The Royals have signed Jon Jay to a 1-year deal.
- The Royals have re-signed part of their franchise-four, Mike Moustakas, to a 1-year deal.
- The Padres have discussed a deal with still-free agent Jake Arrieta.
- The Royals and Ricky Nolasco have agreed to a minor-league deal.
- The Orioles are reportedly interested in free agent Neil Walker.
- The Twins and Byron Buxton have mutual interest in a contract extension for the young centerfielder.
- The Twins are still monitoring the starting pitcher market.
- Tony Clark now says ‘upwards of one-third’ of teams aren’t trying their hardest to win.
- A ‘Jeopardy!’ contestant thought spring training in Florida was called the ‘Bush League’, so at least you’re not him.
- Rays’ young pitcher Jose De Leon needs Tommy John surgery.
- Kenley Jansen called out the teams that aren’t trying to win.
- The Athletics have released Brandon Moss, who could retire.
- The Rangers have signed Julio Pablo Martinez.
- Ichiro Suzuki wants to pitch against Shohei Ohtani, so now that needs to happen
- Twins, Brian Dozier have not discussed contract extension. YET.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On March 9th, 1922, Rogers Hornsby signs a three-year contract with Cardinals.