he MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: What’s your baseball superstition?
Enjoying our Offseason-In-Review series? Find all of our write-ups here as we recount the good, the bad, the slow, and the hideous of this past winter.
History was nearly upon us as Bartolo-I’m-Nearly-45-Years-Old-Colon took a perfect game into the 8th inning of last night’s match up against the Astros. While his perfect game dreams came crashing down, Big Sexy will always have a special place in our baseball loving hearts.
- The struggling Rangers lost their best and most durable player to injury, as All-Star shortstop Elvis Andrus is out 6-8 weeks with a broken right elbow.
- The Mets are now down two catchers. Kevin Plawecki will be out 3-4 weeks with a broken hand.
- The Rangers have signed Yovani Gallardo to a minor-league deal.
- The Nationals added another veteran first baseman to their organization, signing Mark Reynolds to a minor-league deal.
- There are a lot of new names in new places this season, so we decided to take a look at 10 players and how they are doing on their new teams.
- Padres’ Dinelson Lamet will have Tommy John surgery.
- This Noah Syndergaard pitch defied the laws of physics and probably started a tropical storm somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic.
- Kiké Hernandez’s glorious walk-up music is the ‘Yodeling Walmart Kid’ because how else will you establish dominance in the batter’s box?
- Rob Manfred is using a bulldozer to fix a leak in baseball’s roof.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On April 16, 1988, the Braves establish a National League record for losses at the start of a season by losing their tenth consecutive game.
Question of the Day: Will anyone throw a perfect game this year?