The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: What’s your baseball superstition?
Enjoying our Offseason-In-Review series? Find all of our write-ups here as we recount the good, the bad, the slow, and the hideous of this past winter.
- The D-Backs have been the most dominant team in the NL West thus far in 2018, but their depth will now be tested in a major way, as Taijuan Walker will miss time with a UCL injury.
- The Rays appear ready to ramp up their firesale after getting off to a disastrous 4-13 start, and players such as Wilson Ramos, Alex Colome, Sergio Romo, and Carlos Gomez could be moved quickly.
- Francisco Lindor’s home run in his native Puerto Rico provided a dramatic, touching moment on Tuesday night.
- The two-game series at San Juan’s Hiram Bithorn Stadium figures to provide a small but very welcome distraction from the tragedy that Puerto Rico has endured over the past seven months.
- As if the Rays’ ice-cold start to the season wasn’t depressing enough, they’ll be without Kevin Kiermaier for three months after he tore a thumb ligament.
- The Pirates’ hopes of being a surprise NL Central contender took a major hit after Josh Harrison was diagnosed with a fractured hand.
- Braves right-hander Aaron Blair, once a very highly-regarded prospect, underwent shoulder surgery and will miss the rest of the 2018 season.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On April 18, 1955, Roberto Clemente hits his first major-league home run at the Polo Grounds.
Question of the Day: Would the loss of Taijuan Walker be a fatal blow to the Diamondbacks?