The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: What’s your baseball superstition?
Enjoying our Offseason-In-Review series? Find all of our write-ups here as we recount the good, the bad, the slow, and the hideous of this past winter.
- The Braves are going to give Jose Bautista a chance to make their team, as they signed the veteran slugger to a minor-league deal.
- The Diamondbacks’ fear has been confirmed, as young starter Taijuan Walker has a torn UCL and will need Tommy John surgery.
- It’s deja vu all over again, as the Yankees have signed veteran Adam Lind to a new minor-league deal, one month after releasing him in spring training.
- The Indians received some unfortunate news to one of their most popular players in the organization, as Mike Napoli has suffered a “significant” knee injury while playing in Triple-A Columbus.
- The Astros tried some toasted grasshoppers while visiting the Mariners.
- The Braves had to put Anibal Sanchez on the DL after he strained his hamstring while running during pre-game warmups and was carted off the field. Yes, you read that right.
- The Twins have placed Byron Buxton on the 10-day DL after he has been suffering from migraines.
- The Rays appear ready to ramp up their firesale after getting off to a disastrous start, and players such as Wilson Ramos, Alex Colome, Sergio Romo, and Carlos Gomez could be moved quickly.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On April 19, 1972, Sparky Lyle becomes the first reliever to come into a game with a signature entrance song when the Yankee Stadium PA system plays Pomp and Circumstance as the closer approaches the mound. Although the southpaw secures the last out of the team’s 3-2 victory over Milwaukee, the New York relief pitcher feels the song, selected by PR man Marty Appel to signify the end of the game much as the Edward Elgar’s march signals the end of an academic accomplishment, adds more pressure to his closer role and asks the public relations department to put the tradition on hold.
Question of the Day: How many home runs will Bryce Harper hit this season?