The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: What’s your baseball superstition?
Enjoying our Offseason-In-Review series? Find all of our write-ups here as we recount the good, the bad, the slow, and the hideous of this past winter.
- The Braves are going to give Jose Bautista a chance to make their team, as they signed the veteran slugger to a minor-league deal.
- Baseball can’t rebuild Puerto Rico, but its return is a comfort after Hurricane Maria.
- The Diamondbacks’ fear has been confirmed, as young starter Taijuan Walker has a torn UCL and will need Tommy John surgery.
- The Reds have fired manager Bryan Price, which isn’t surprised seeing as he captained them to a 3-15 start to the season.
- It’s deja vu all over again, as the Yankees have signed veteran Adam Lind to a new minor-league deal, one month after releasing him in spring training.
- Cleveland has received some unfortunate news to one of their most popular players in the organization, as Mike Napoli has suffered a “significant” knee injury while playing in Triple-A Columbus.
- It’s only April, but it looks like the Royals are all set to be seller this summer.
- The White Sox have traded Tyler Saladino to Brewers.
- The Pawtucket Red Sox are really committing to an ‘Evil Empire’ rivalry weekend.
- The Rays appear ready to ramp up their firesale after getting off to a disastrous start, and players such as Wilson Ramos, Alex Colome, Sergio Romo, and Carlos Gomez could be moved quickly.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On April 20th, 2007, Alex Rodriguez becomes the second player to hit twelve home runs in the season’s first fifteen games.
Question of the Day: Do you think Napoli’s career is over?