The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: What’s your best Opening Day memory?
Enjoying our Offseason-In-Review series? Find all of our write ups here as we recount the good, the bad, the slow, and the hideous of this past winter.
- The Rockies signed 2017 NL batting champion Charlie Blackmon to a six-year, $108 million contract extension.
- The Marlins looked as if they signed veteran reliever Trevor Rosenthal to a one-year deal, but Rosenthal’s agent Scott Boras said his client was not signing with the team.
- After striking out five times Tuesday night, Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton silenced the critics by smashing a homer Wednesday that is now the hardest-hit ball in the majors so far.
- After a breakout night at the plate on Tuesday in which he hit his first big-league homer, Angels two-way star Shohei Ohtani slugged his second homer in as many days.
- If you haven’t seen enough of Ohtani, here are pictures of him after he hit his home runs.
- So, it snowed during the Twins-Pirates game on Wednesday in Pittsburgh.
- There are no more undefeated teams left in baseball, as the Pirates fell to the Twins, 7-3. At least the Pirates’ Twitter account put the loss in perspective.
- Padres outfielder Wil Myers has been placed on the 10-day DL with “right arm nerve irritation.”
- The Angels signed former Mariner and Yankee Dustin Ackley to a minor-league deal on Wednesday night.
- Jose Reyes and his wife became U.S. citizens before he and Mets topped the Phillies on Wednesday.
- The Mets-Phillies game made history, as it was the first game to be streamed exclusively on Facebook. However, it drew mixed reviews.
- The Mets are expected to get back All-Star outfielder Michael Conforto, just in time to face the rival Nationals.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On April 5th, 1925, Babe Ruth collapses at a railroad station in Asheville, North Carolina. The “bellyache heard round the world,” so dubbed when a writer suggests that illness was caused by a hot dogs and soda binge, will require hospitalization and an operation, keeping the Yankees slugger out of the lineup until May.