The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: Who will have the most home runs this year?
Enjoying our Offseason-In-Review series? Find all of our write ups here as we recount the good, the bad, the slow, and the hideous of this past winter.
- The Nationals signed general manager Mike Rizzo to a two-year contract extensionon Thursday.
- Brewers’ Corey Knebel will be out at least 6 weeks. A less than ideal way to start the season.
- Cleveland’s Lonnie Chisenhall will be out 4-6 weeks after sustaining a calf strain.
- Shohei Ohtani is living up to the winter hype and had an insane first week in the majors, to put it casually.
- Rougned Odor still hates the Blue Jays...a lot...and it’s actually not the worst thing in the world?
- The Athletics claimed outfielder Trayce Thompson off waivers.
- The Rockies signed 2017 NL batting champion Charlie Blackmon to a six-year, $108 million contract extension on Wednesday.
- Bryce Harper is finally older than all of the prospects, just incase you wanted to simultaneously feel young and like the crypt keeper.
- Jameson Taillon might be fulfilling his potential and is our new favorite underdog this season.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On April 9th, 1963, Yogi Berra makes a cameo appearance on.
Question of the Day: Will Ohtani be in contention for a batting title or are we getting a little too excited?