The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recent FanPost Friday? We want to know: What was your first baseball game?
- Nationals outfielder Adam Eaton underwent surgery on his left ankle and there is no timetable for his return.
- Matt Harvey will make his debut for the Reds today after the team optioned starter Brandon Finnegan to Triple-A Louisville.
- Speaking of the Reds, they have promoted Nick Krall to general manager of the club.
- After intense speculation that playing the game “Fortnite” led to his most recent injury, Red Sox starter David Price says he will not play it in the clubhouse anymore.
- Indians star shortstop Francisco Lindor had to shave his head after losing a bet to his high school baseball team. Bravo for him sticking to his word!
- The Royals released veterans Kyle Lohse and Seth Maness. Lohse went on to announce his retirement in great baseball fashion.
- The Blue Jays acquired infielder Gio Urshela from the Indians in exchange for cash considerations in order to provide relief to their infield that has been decimated by injuries this season.
- The Brewers will be without Wade Miley for some time again, as the veteran starter suffered a strained right oblique that will keep him out 4-6 weeks.
- Tanner Duncan, who made three failed attempts to earn a spot on ECU’s Division I team three times and spent his entire collegiate career playing club baseball, is now thriving in the Astros’ minor-league system.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On May 11, 1991, a heckler calls Albert Belle “Joey“, a name he dislikes, and makes references to his problems with alcohol. Belle responded to the heckler by picking up a foul ball and nailing the offensive offender in the chest from 15 feet away. Although the fans clearly supported his action, the Indians outfielder is fined and suspended for one week.
Question of the Day: How will Matt Harvey do in his first start with the Reds?