The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recent FanPost Friday? We want to know: What top prospect are you most excited about debuting?
- Nationals outfielder Adam Eaton underwent surgery on his left ankle and there is no timetable for his return.
- The Padres have designated utility infielder Chase Headley for assignment.
- Speaking of the Reds and their attempt at clawing back from disaster, they have promoted Nick Krall to general manager of the club.
- Mariners’ star Robinson Cano has suffered from a broken bone in his right hand after being hit by a pitch in last night’s game. Haven’t Seattle fans been through enough?
- Shaq and Judge Judy goofing off at a Marlins game is the best thing to happen at a Marlins game this year. I demand a reality series immediately.
- The Royals released veterans Kyle Lohse and Seth Maness. Lohse went on to announce his retirement in great baseball fashion.
- Breaking news: In case you hadn’t noticed, Shohei Ohtani still rules.
- Brewers rookie whiffs 13 in stellar MLB debut at Coors. Talk about making a good first impression.
- Tanner Duncan, who made three failed attempts to earn a spot on ECU’s Division I team three times and spent his entire collegiate career playing club baseball, is now thriving in the Astros’ minor-league system.
- Willson Contreras is on an extra-base hit tear.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On May 14th, 1967, Keeping a promise to his wife Merlyn, Mickey Mantle hit his 500th career home run on Mother’s Day. That’s much better than a macaroni card.
Question of the Day: Is Ohtani’s dominance sustainable?