The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recent FanPost Friday? We want to know: Should MLB legalize PEDs?
- Well it was a good run...maybe? The Braves have released veteran slugger Jose Bautista after just a dozen games with the team.
- Going as the first overall pick in the draft is a very high honor, but not everyone lives up to the hype. 15 years of No. 1 overall picks in the MLB Draft: Where are they now?
- Draft day is closing in on us and with each day that goes by, there’s more speculation on what prospect will be drafted where. Check out our 2018 Composite Mock Draft 1.0 to see our first round of predictions.
- As if the Mets weren’t struggling enough, their woes are continuing. Juan Lagares will undergo surgery on his foot and miss rest the of the season.
- Speaking of teams getting bad breaks with injuries...the Cardinals have placed Paul DeJong on the disabled list with a fractured hand.
- Those two injuries are bad, but they’re not the worst. The loss of these players really made their teams take a hit. Ranking the top 10 most impactful MLB player injuries in 2018 so far.
- There were a lot of predictions going into the season on which teams would start the season like a house on fire and which would look more like a raging dumpster fire. These are the five MLB teams that have surprised all of us so far in 2018, for better or worse.
- Rejoice, Braves fans: Dansby Swanson has been activated from the disabled list, with Matt Wisler being sent back to the minors.
- Another young prospect is getting their moment in the show: the Nationals are calling up outfield prospect Juan Soto.
- The Nationals are losing their trusty set up man and have placed Ryan Madson on the disabled list with a pectoral soreness.
- Everyone loves a good comeback story: Melky Cabrera will make his return to the majors for Cleveland.
- If you haven’t heard the news, we at MLB Daily Dish have a new site manager. Check out Eric Cole’s first post and give him a big welcome!
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On May 21st, 2012, Jamie Moyer extends his major league record when he makes his debut at the newly opened Marlins Park, having now pitched in 50 major league ballparks.
Question of the Day: Will Bautista sign with another team?