The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recent FanPost Friday? We want to know: Should MLB legalize PEDs?
- The White Sox are already amidst a pretty horrific season. Now, they are going to be without one of the bright spots on their roster, as catcher Welington Castillo is going to be suspended 80 games for using a PED in violation of Major League Baseball’s joint drug agreement.
- The Athletics are going to be without one of the game’s best power hitters, as Khris Davis has gone on the DL with a strained right groin. Davis has hit the most home runs of any player since 2016, blasting 98 balls out of the park. Though his absence is going to be tough for them to handle, the A’s are going to give Franklin Barreto, their top prospect among position players, another chance to play at the big-league level.
- The defending World Series champion Astros lost one of their most valuable hitters from last season, as Josh Reddick has been placed on the DL with a leg infection.
- Just when some thought that the Reds were starting to come around and not be the worst team in the league, they have been dealt another blow. Their closer, Raisel Iglesias, has been on the disabled list with left bicep soreness.
- Sometimes, the baseball gods are not kind to a given team, especially when it comes to injuries. That is especially the case with the Rays this season. Their curse continued on Wednesday, as they had to put Jake Faria on the DL.
- The AL Central is an interesting division when it comes to the 2018 MLB Draft. What will the Tigers do at No. 1? Can the Indians and Royals restock their farms? What will the Twins do for an encore after picking 1st last year? Here is who I believe they should draft.
- The draft is coming up fast, so here is a look at some of the better bats we will see picked in next month’s draft.
- Here’s an in-depth look at five pitchers who are likely to come off the board early in this year’s draft.
- We rolled out our MLB Awards Odds Tracker earlier this week. Whether you are looking to lay some money down or just want to see who the current favorites are for the Cy Young and MVP awards, this is the thing for you.
- In what is part of a wave of draft-related content headed for the site, I took a look at the AL East and, in particular, who the teams in the division should draft once they are on the clock in the 2018 draft.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On an off day at Fenway Park on May 24, 1957, Ted Williams, using his shotgun, shoots approximately 35 pigeons, sitting on a chair in front of the bullpen of the empty ballpark. The ‘Kid’s’ target practice predictably upsets the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, but Red Sox owner and avid sportsman Tom Yawkey’s participation in the ‘hunt’ helps to quell the outrage usually directed at the superstar ballplayer.
Question of the Day: Will an AL Central team finish with a record above .500?