The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
- We continued our breakdown of the upcoming draft with a look at who the NL East should be selecting come next week as well as a similar rundown on the the AL West
- The Mariners made a trade with the Rays to bolster their surprisingly successful roster. Our own Matt Powers gave his grades for both sides on the minor move
- There are some really great names in the upcoming draft and not just in terms of talent. Over the weekend, we looked at who has the best monikers in the 2018 draft class.
- The Padres made a trade as well to acquire Phil Hughes and the 74th overall pick in the upcoming draft. We graded this trade as well and spoilers, it is all about that draft pick. Acquiring more picks and draft bonus pool is getting expensive.
- The MLB Draft does not get the same fanfare that other sports’ drafts do, so our own Patrick Karraker took a look at what MLB could do to make the draft more exciting.
- We also introduced a new weekly feature here at Daily Dish with our playoff odds tracker.
- One of our newer contributors, Stephen, wrote his take on why the Orioles have to trade Manny Machado now and why it is was a mistake to hold on to him as long as they have. Nothing the Orioles do makes much sense.
- We also had a piece go up on the prevalence of Tommy John procedure amongst top pitching prospects and how that is trending. The answer isn’t what you would expect.
- The draft is coming up fast, so here is a look at some of the better bats we will see picked in next month’s draft.
- Here’s an in-depth look at five pitchers who are likely to come off the board early in this year’s draft.
- In what is part of a wave of draft-related content headed for the site, I took a look at the AL East and, in particular, who the teams in the division should draft once they are on the clock in the 2018 draft.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.