The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
- We continued our breakdown of the upcoming draft with a look at who the NL East should be selecting come next week as well as a similar rundown on the the AL West
- After just one mound appearance, the Angels have designated veteran hurler Ian Krol for assignment. If you listen closely, you can hear the Mets closing in.
- There are some really great names in the upcoming draft and not just in terms of talent. Over the weekend, we looked at who has the best monikers in the 2018 draft class.
- With just one week left to cram all the draft information into your brain that you can, we did some of the heavy lifting for you and took a look at the catchers to look out for coming June 4th. You’re welcome.
- The MLB Draft does not get the same fanfare that other sports’ drafts do, so our own Patrick Karraker took a look at what MLB could do to make the draft more exciting.
- We also introduced a new weekly feature here at Daily Dish with our playoff odds tracker.
- The trade deadline may be some time in the future, but Kansas City is already gathering their best chips. Where will all the Royals’ most valuable trade pieces go?
- We also had a piece go up on the prevalence of Tommy John procedure amongst top pitching prospects and how that is trending. The answer isn’t what you would expect.
- Which surprising contender is most likely to not be a fluke? If you’re from Queens, please look away as this might be too sensitive of content.
- The draft is coming up fast, so here is a look at some of the better bats we will see picked in next month’s draft.
- Here’s an in-depth look at five pitchers who are likely to come off the board early in this year’s draft.
- In what is part of a wave of draft-related content headed for the site, I took a look at the AL East and, in particular, who the teams in the division should draft once they are on the clock in the 2018 draft.
- Cleveland is calling up young pitching phenom Shane Bieber on Thursday. Not to be confused with the singing Bieber, this is the no-hitter-throwing-dominate-on-the-mound-Bieber. It’s a thin line though, so I totally get the confusion.
Today in baseball: On May 29th, 2010, the Giants call up 23-year old Buster Posey to start at first base. How precious.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.