The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: What was your first baseball game?
- The Mets are holding their breath right now, as Jacob deGrom will be getting an MRI today after leaving his start against the Braves after four innings with a hyperextended right elbow while swinging and missing during an at-bat.
- The Yankees will be without lefty Jordan Montgomery for 6-8 weeks after he went down with a left flexor strain in his outing in Houston on Tuesday.
- Giants fans and players are still probably refreshing their Twitter apps every five seconds waiting for details on Johnny Cueto’s MRI results, as the veteran right-hander was placed on the disabled list Tuesday with right elbow inflammation and is seeking the opinion of Dr. James Andrews on his ailment that could obviously have a huge effect on San Francisco’s season if it turns out to be serious.
- Cueto’s injury is just the latest in a long line of injuries for the Giants; second baseman Joe Panik had thumb surgery Monday and will miss at least six weeks.
- The Rockies made their rookies get Starbucks coffee during their road trip against the Cubs, but did getting that brand of coffee make them too fancy for baseball?
- The Twins train continues to fall off the tracks, as Miguel Sano has been placed on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain.
- The D-Backs sent two pitching prospect to the Rays to complete the February trade that brought Steven Souza Jr. to Arizona.
- The Dodgers have been dealt an absolutely massive blow, as shortstop Corey Seager will have Tommy John surgery and miss the rest of the season.
- Tanner Duncan, who made three failed attempts to earn a spot on ECU’s Division I team three times and spent his entire collegiate career playing club baseball, is now thriving in the Astros’ minor-league system.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stove starts to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On May 3, 1975, Nolan Ryan, after taking the mound against the Rangers in the second inning at Arlington Stadium, finds a rubber snake and a large rubber crab when he reaches for the rosin bag. The Angels right-hander, who gets the victory when the Halos beat Texas, 4-2, suspects opposing manager Billy Martin for the shenanigans, calling the prank a “Little League stunt”.
Question of the Day: Will the young Braves contend for the playoffs this year?