The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
- Noah Syndergaard is headed to the disabled list for a second straight season, this time dealing with a strained ligament in his right index finger.
- After failing to reach the majors during a pair of stints with the Yankees, veteran first baseman Adam Lind has signed a minor-league deal with the Red Sox.
- Veteran catcher Brian McCann, who has endured some signficant struggles at the plate during the month of May, has been placed on the disabled list with knee soreness, though it may be a move to get him rest more than anything. Journeyman Tim Federowicz was called up from Triple-A to take his place on the roster.
- We’re taking in-depth looks at who the teams in each division should be taking in next week’s draft. We’ve already covered the NL Central, NL East, AL East, AL Central, and AL West, with the NL West coming soon.
- Cleveland is calling up young pitching phenom Shane Bieber on Thursday. He’s just a Baby as far as major-leaguers go at 22 years old, but the Tribe would Never Say Never to sending him back down if he doesn’t look ready in his first taste of the big leagues.
- After just one appearance, the Angels have designated veteran hurler Ian Krol for assignment. If you listen closely, you can hear the Mets closing in.
- There are some really great names in the upcoming draft, and not just in terms of talent. Over the weekend, we looked at the 30 best names in the 2018 draft class.
- With just one week left to cram all the draft information that you can into your brain, we did some of the heavy lifting for you and took a look at the catchers to look out for coming June 4th. You’re welcome.
- The MLB Draft does not get the same fanfare that other sports’ drafts do, so we took a look at what MLB could do to make the draft more exciting.
- We also introduced a new weekly feature here at Daily Dish with our playoff odds tracker.
- The trade deadline may be some time in the future, but the Royals are already exploring the market. Where might all the Royals’ most valuable trade pieces go?
- Speaking of which, we asked our readers to tell us which team they think will be the biggest seller at the deadline.
- We also had a piece go up on the prevalence of Tommy John procedure amongst top pitching prospects and how that is trending. The answer may not be what you would expect.
- Which surprising contender is most likely to not be a fluke?
- The draft is coming up fast, so here is a look at some of the better bats we will see picked in next month’s draft.
- Here’s an in-depth look at five pitchers who are likely to come off the board early in this year’s draft.
Today in baseball: On May 30th, 1977, Dennis Eckersley throws a no-hitter as the Indians defeat the Angels 1-0. It was the only no-hitter of the Hall of Famer’s 24-year major-league career.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.