The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
- Phillies impressive rookie Rhys Hoskins has a fractured jaw and may “likely” hit the DL after taking a foul ball off his face on Monday.
- A goose just wanted to crash the Angels-Tigers game on Wednesday night, then tragedy struck.
- The Cardinals saw their top prospect Alex Reyes activated from the 60-day DL and return to the mound on Wednesday night. It was a long road for Reyes, who underwent Tommy John surgery and was out of the majors for the last one year, eight months, and one day.
- We asked our readers, “Who is MLB’s most underrated superstar?”
- With just five days left to cram all the draft information that you can into your brain, we did some of the heavy lifting for you and took a look at the five infielders to look out for coming June 4.
- Just when things could not get any worse for the Mets, there was a fire at Citi Field on Wednesday while they were away in Atlanta. No one was hurt, but really?
- We also examined which five catchers to look out for, which five pitchers to watch and which of the best bats are available in this year’s draft. You’re welcome.
- The draft is coming up fast, so here is a look at some of the better bats we will see picked.
- Here’s an in-depth look at five pitchers who are likely to come off the board early in this year’s draft.
- We’re taking in-depth looks at who the teams in each division should be taking in next week’s draft. We’ve already covered the NL Central, NL East, AL East, AL Central, and AL West, with the NL West coming soon.
- Cleveland is calling up young pitching phenom Shane Bieber today. He’s just a Baby as far as major-leaguers go at 22 years old, but the Tribe would Never Say Never to sending him back down if he doesn’t look ready in his first taste of the big leagues.
- There are some really great names in the upcoming draft, and not just in terms of talent. Over the weekend, we looked at the 30 best names in the 2018 draft class.
- The MLB Draft does not get the same fanfare that other sports’ drafts do, so we took a look at what MLB could do to make the draft more exciting.
- We also introduced a new weekly feature here at Daily Dish with our playoff odds tracker.
- The trade deadline may be some time in the future, but the Royals are already exploring the market. Where might all the Royals’ most valuable trade pieces go?
- Speaking of which, we asked our readers to tell us which team they think will be the biggest seller at the deadline.
- We also had a piece go up on the prevalence of Tommy John procedure amongst top pitching prospects and how that is trending. The answer may not be what you would expect.
- Which surprising contender is most likely to not be a fluke?
Today in baseball: On May 31st, 2001, the Red Sox finally beat the Yankees in their eighth attempt, and for the first time in over a year since Pedro Martinez scoffed at the ‘Curse’. The right-hander was 7-1 with a 1.44 ERA when he said, “Wake up the Bambino and let me face him -- I’ll drill him in the “%#$,” but after the comment he managed only seven more winless starts, making it first time he did not win in seven straight starts since the first seven major league appearances as a rookie with the Dodgers.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.