The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: What was your first baseball game?
- It’s the end of an era: Ichiro has transitioned to the Mariners’ front office and is done playing in 2018. Pour one out.
- Dodgers’ Hyun-jin Ryu will be out through All-Star break with a groin tear. That’s gotta hurt.
- The Braves have called up Jose Bautista. six-time All-Star returns to the major leagues as a third baseman after playing primarily in the outfield since 2009. Joey Bats, the second revolution.
- The Dark Knight will rise in Queens no more: the Mets have designated Matt Harvey for assignment.
- Let’s take a walk down memory lane, shall we? This time lapse graphic of every Ichiro hit is mind blowing.
- The Diamondbacks have signed veteran pitcher Clay Buchholz to a minor-league deal.
- Cardinals’ Yadier Molina will be out at least month after emergency groin surgery, which are arguably three of the worst words to ever have to hear.
- Things are going from bad to worse in Los Angeles: Dodgers’ ace Clayton Kershaw has been placed on the DL with bicep tendonitis.
- Legend alert: Albert Pujols got his 3,000th hit, becoming the 32nd member of the club.
- The Giants have signed Ryan Hanigan to a minor-league deal.
- Tanner Duncan, who made three failed attempts to earn a spot on ECU’s Division I team three times and spent his entire collegiate career playing club baseball, is now thriving in the Astros’ minor-league system.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On May 7th, 1999, Carlos Lee becomes the first White Sox player in the history of the franchise to homer in his first major league at-bat.
Question of the Day: Will the young Yankees contend for the playoffs again this year?