The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recent FanPost Friday? We want to know: What was your first baseball game?
- The Mets and Reds swapped bad contracts on Tuesday, with Cincinnati acquiring the recently-DFA’d Matt Harvey in exchange for catcher Devin Mesoraco, who lost his starting job to Tucker Barnhart but will get a chance to start with the Mets. For the Dark Knight’s sake, let’s hope the nightlife in the Greater Cincinnati area is better than advertised.
- Mariners starter James “Big Maple” Paxton threw the third no-hitter of 2018 while facing the Blue Jays in his native Canada.
- The Royals scored 10 runs in the first inning against the Orioles on Tuesday.
- Brewers catcher Stephen Vogt’s career may be in jeopardy after he suffered a horrific shoulder injury while on a minor-league rehab assignment.
- A potential brawl between the Marlins and Cubs was diffused by ... a tickle fight?
- The Giants got good news (all things considered) on Monday, as Johnny Cueto is expected to miss about six weeks with an elbow sprain and will avoid Tommy John surgery — an operation that the team thought might be necessary when he hit the DL last week.
- For possibly the first time in the history of their centuries-long rivalry, the Red Sox and Yankees look to be on equal footing.
- Tanner Duncan, who made three failed attempts to earn a spot on ECU’s Division I team three times and spent his entire collegiate career playing club baseball, is now thriving in the Astros’ minor-league system.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in Baseball: On May 9th, 1984, umpire Joe West ejects two cameramen from a Mets-Braves game after they show the Mets replays of a controversial play where Hubie Brooks is called out at home plate. Who could’ve imagined that we’d end up with HD video scoreboards and an organized replay system all these years later?
Question of the Day: Can Matt Harvey resurrect his career in Cincinnati?