The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Want the skinny on all the fresh blood soon to be hitting Major League Baseball? Check out our draft profiles for all the first round picks here.
Our most recent FanPost Friday wants to know: How did your team do on draft day?
- Bad news out of Washington D.C. The Nationals have placed both Stephen Strasburg and Brandon Kintzler on the disabled list.
- The Rays have found a home for the freshly DFA’d veteran and traded Brad Miller to the contending Milwaukee Brewers.
- Fernando Abad has been tagged with an 80-game suspension for testing positive for a banned substance.
- Brad Miller was having a relatively okay year for the Tampa Rays, but the Rays decided to give prospect Jake Bauers his shot as Miller was designated for assignment.
- Time to tune in on the potential next face of your franchise. Here’s how to follow every first round pick on social media.
- Unless they’re sending a sign to Buster Posey to pack it in, San Francisco made an interesting move on draft day. The Giants’ selection of Joey Bart could create an awkward situation much sooner than you think.
- Get your best ready now kids, because a dark horse is rising. Here is your weekly playoff odds tracker, with the Mariners and the Braves continuing to impress.
- Say It Ain’t Sho: Shohei Ohtani has been placed on the disabled list with a UCL sprain and while it doesn’t look like he’ll need Tommy John, the club is expected to make a full decision in the upcoming weeks.
- At what feels like not even breaking news at this point, the Mets have placed Jeurys Familia on the disabled list with shoulder soreness, because of course they did.
- Finally, some good, healthy news: the Nationals have activated Adam Eaton from the disabled list.
- The MLB Draft does not get the same fanfare that other sports’ drafts do, so we took a look at what MLB could do to make the draft more exciting.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.