The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
The 2018 MLB Draft wrapped up with a nice little bow a few surprises along the way. Miss out on something and need to catch up? Check out all of our draft coverage right here and never be that guy again.
- The dam finally began to break as the Nationals made the first move on the trade market by acquiring high-leverage reliever Kelvin Herrera from the Royals for a trio of prospects
- J.A. Happ is a hot name on the trade rumor mill as both the Yankees and Mariners have expressed interest in adding him to their rotations.
- We began a series where we look at each team in the majors and try to figure out if they are going to be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline. We started with the Orioles who have the look of a team that is finally going to start shedding some assets.
- One of the biggest, some may even say boldest, picks of the draft just got a little bigger: The Giants have signed their 2nd overall pick, catcher Joey Bart, for a record $7.025 million. So basically the price of a studio apartment in San Francisco.
- The Mets are still going to be waiting awhile for Noah Syndergaard to return to action. After a second opinion confirmed his strained ligament in right index finger, the flamethrower still has no timetable for a return and will remain out of action until he is ”symptom-free.”
- There’s not debating it: Bryce Harper is an outstanding baseball player, sometimes he may even be considered on of the best in the league, but we might be overvaluing him.
- Mets fans, look away. Other baseball fans, hello. The answer is obvious. The Mets should trade Jacob deGrom.
- Time to tune in on the potential next face of your franchise. Here’s how to follow every first round draft pick on social media.
- Unless they’re sending a sign to Buster Posey to pack it in, San Francisco made an interesting move on draft day. The Giants’ selection of Joey Bart could create an awkward situation much sooner than you think.
- Get your best ready now kids, because a dark horse is rising. Here is your weekly playoff odds tracker, with the Mariners and the Braves continuing to impress.
- Cleveland has placed Carlos Carrasco on the disabled list with a right elbow contusion after a mid-game injury on the mound.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.