The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
The 2018 MLB Draft wrapped up with a nice little bow and a few surprises along the way. Miss out on something and need to catch up? Check out all of our draft coverage right here and never be that guy again.
Our most recent FanPost Friday wants to know: How did your team do on draft day?
- It looks like the Diamondbacks are going to do everything in their power to try to win a World Series before Paul Goldschmidt hits free agency after next season. Their latest strategy to make that happen may involve an attempt to acquire Orioles shortstop Manny Machado, who they’re reportedly doing their homework on.
- In a moment of rage, Giants closer Hunter Strickland punched a door after blowing a save against the Marlins. Strickland obviously wasn’t composed enough to punch with his glove hand rather than his pitching hand, and he’ll now miss at least 6-8 weeks after sustaining a fracture.
- After spending the last three weeks on the disabled list, Mets reliever AJ Ramos has chosen to undergo season-ending shoulder surgery.
- It’s difficult to imagine the Astros getting much better than they are right now, but you can still expect them to be buyers at the trade deadline.
- The Orioles, meanwhile, are on pace to have one of the worst seasons in major-league history and should definitely be sellers.
- The Royals aren’t wasting time selling off their most valuable assets. They dealt closer Kelvin Herrera to the Nationals on Monday night in exchange for three prospects.
- Our Matt Powers handed out grades for the trade the Royals and Nationals made on Monday night, and he thinks the Nats are the early winners.
- J.A. Happ is a hot name on the trade rumor mill, as both the Yankees and Mariners have expressed interest in adding him to their rotations.
- One of the biggest — some may even say boldest — picks of the draft just got a little bigger: The Giants have signed No. 2 overall pick, catcher Joey Bart, for a record $7.025 million. So basically the price of a studio apartment in San Francisco.
- On a related note, unless they’re sending a sign to Buster Posey to pack it in, the Giants made a curious move on draft day. San Francisco’s decision to select Bart could create an awkward situation much sooner than you think.
- There’s no debating it: Bryce Harper is an outstanding baseball player — sometimes he may even be considered one of the best in the league — but we might be overvaluing him.
- Mets fans, look away. Other baseball fans, hello. The answer is obvious. The Mets should trade Jacob deGrom.
- Time to tune in to the potential next face of your franchise. Here’s how to follow every first-round draft pick on social media.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.