The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
The 2018 MLB Draft wrapped up with a nice little bow and a few surprises along the way. Miss out on something and need to catch up? Check out all of our draft coverage right here and never be that guy again.
Our most recent FanPost Friday wants to know: What should your team do at the deadline?
- Baseball is full of surprises, so here are three teams that could have surprising second halves in 2018.
- Casey Mize was the #1 overall pick in the 2018 and he just got paid. The Tigers locked him up for the most money we have seen under the current draft rules.
- The Royals have had a really bad first half of the season and probably should have started rebuilding last year, but now it looks like they are poised to be sellers at this year’s trade deadline.
- The Yankees are going to be down one of their sluggers as Gary Sanchez is headed to the DL with a groin injury.
- Edwin Jackson has been around for a long time in the majors. He has also gotten around as he just pitched for his 13th team which is pretty wild.
- We continued our previews of the 2018 MLB trade deadline with a look at the Washington Nationals who have already become active on the trade market as they look to capitalize on their window of contention.
- Speaking of said previews, just in case you missed one or want an easy reference tool, we made an index of all of them so you can find the team you want to look at without muss or fuss. MLBDD, always making your life easier.
- The Reds kicked off this season in arguably one of the worst ways ever. Are they going to be buyers or sellers at the deadline or just sit in mediocrity for a little longer.
- The Cubs have one of the most complete rosters in the majors, but they may still be buyers for supplemental pieces at the trade deadline.
- The Rangers may not be close to a playoff appearance, but some of their pitchers could be...just suited up in a different uniform. Here’s who Texas could part with when the deadline rolls around.
- Guess whose back back back, back again-gain-gain, Kershaw’s back back back, tell yo’ friends friends friends. (Clayton Kershaw returned from the disabled list this weekend.)
- Your Weekly MLB Playoff Odds have spoken: The Cardinals playoff odds are trending in the wrong direction, oh gosh someone turn this car around.
- It’s difficult to imagine the Astros getting much better than they are right now, but you can still expect them to be buyers at the trade deadline.
- Cleveland is already shaping up to make another mad dash for the World Series title. It’s pretty clear how they’ll attack the trade deadline.
- Blue Jays’ Roberto Osuna has been suspended until August due to assault arrest.
- There’s no debating it: Bryce Harper is an outstanding baseball player — sometimes he may even be considered one of the best in the league — but we might be overvaluing him.
- Time to tune in to the potential next face of your franchise. Here’s how to follow every first-round draft pick on social media.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.