The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
- The big news of the day yesterday was Fernando Abad getting tagged with an 80-game suspension for testing positive for a banned substance.
- Brad Miller was having a relatively okay year for the Tampa Rays, but the Rays decided to give prospect Jake Bauers his shot as Miller was designated for assignment.
- Moments after the 2018 MLB Draft ended, the Royals dealt one of their top trade chips, sending Jon Jay to the Diamondbacks in a deal that shows where both teams see themselves in 2018.
- Outside of Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani, the Angels’ best player has been shortstop Andrelton Simmons this season. Unfortunately, they will be without Simmons for at least 10 days after he landed on the disabled list with a sprained ankle, which he suffered while falling on dugout steps on Tuesday night.
- Talk about hard luck for the Cardinals’ starter Alex Reyes, as the top prospect will be out for the rest of the season after undergoing lat surgery. The talented right-hander will head into next spring having made just one appearance over two seasons.
- Just like that, the MLB Draft has come and gone. If you want to relive it all, check out our Day 1 draft tracker with grades, and our Day 2 draft tracker.
- If you’re looking for some context on how this year’s draft compared to those of years past and what kind of consequences it could have for the future, go check out our Day 1 recap.
- Want to see how we did guessing the picks compared to how the draft actually went down? Sure! Here is the mock draft we released right before the proceedings Monday night.
- The MLB Draft does not get the same fanfare that other sports’ drafts do, so we took a look at what MLB could do to make the draft more exciting.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.