The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
The 2018 MLB Draft wrapped up with a nice little bow and a few surprises along the way. Miss out on something and need to catch up? Check out all of our draft coverage right here and never be that guy again.
We’re predicting every MLB team’s trade deadline moves because we like painful optimism and blind faith. Just in case you missed one or want an easy reference tool, we made an index of all of them so you can find the team you want to look at without muss or fuss. MLBDD, always making your life easier.
Our most recent FanPost Friday wants to know: What do you think of the shift?
- It sounds like the Manny Machado trade saga will come to an end soon, as Joy Heyman reports that a deal is very close. The smart money seems to be on the Phillies right now, but everyone seems to have varying degrees of interest.
- The Red Sox and Braves are both interested in Mike Moustakas. There isn’t any specific movement yet towards the Royals trading him, but it seems far more likely than it did just a month or so ago
- Get caught up on all the MLB transactions from the start of the All-Star break right here.
- Garrett Richards was setting himself up for a decent payday this offseason when he became a free agent, but instead he will go under the knife and have Tommy John surgery at the worst possible time for him.
- The Phillies are making a wild run for the playoffs this season, despite experiencing some growing pains with their new manager earlier this year. If Philadelphia plays the trade deadline just right, could they be destined for October baseball?
- In the latest saga of, “Who will land Manny Machado this summer?”, the Yankees have apparently made a strong offer to Baltimore for the young slugger. Because of course they have, right? Are we really here to doubt the Ca$h Man?
- The Cardinals have fired Mike Matheny as their manager. In other totally unrelated news, Joe Girardi was spotted running out of MLB Network studios, ripping his suit off while carrying what some as assumed to be a binder of sorts.
- It’s pretty much impossible to keep up with all the Manny Machado rumors at this point, and we’re now at the stage where it’s easier to list the clubs within sniffing distance of a playoff spot who HAVEN’T been connected to him recently (the Astros, Mariners, Nationals, Giants, and Rockies, in case you were wondering).
- Our Wayne Cavadi caught up with Kris Bryant as he began a rehab assignment with the Double-A Tennessee Smokies and got his thoughts on returning to the Southern League, how he’s evolved as a major-leaguer, and much more.
- The 2018 All-Star game is this week, and your All-Stars are flocking to Washington D.C. Check out who will be representing the American League, the National League.
- With the announcement of the All-Star game rosters comes the time of year when we all argue about who should or should not have made the team. We ranked the All-Star snubs and you will probably disagree with the list because the internet is a wonderful yet terrible place.
- Chase Utley has announced that he will retire at the end of the season, which will drastically change the statistics of players hit in the shins by pitches.
- It is a time-honored tradition to argue on the Internet over whether or not to have the DH rule in place for the whole league, but Ivan came up with a new rule that turns the presence of a designated hitter into a strategic choice that can change based on the situation.
- MLB free agency was a nightmare last offseason, as nothing happened for a long time and it felt awkward to follow along and cover. Matt looked to some other sports for guidance as to how to make MLB’s free agency better.
- Adam Jones has incited the interest of Cleveland this trade deadline. Baltimore is tanking hard, but will dealing one of their franchise cornerstone’s do anything to help their future?
- And since it looks like Cleveland is just trying to take all of Baltimore’s happiness, they’re interested in acquiring Mychal Givens too.
- Baseball is full of surprises, so here are three teams that could have surprising second halves in 2018.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.