The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
The 2018 MLB Draft wrapped up with a nice little bow and a few surprises along the way. Miss out on something and need to catch up? Check out all of our draft coverage right here and never be that guy again.
We’re predicting every MLB team’s trade deadline moves because we like painful optimism and blind faith. Just in case you missed one or want an easy reference tool, we made an index of all of them so you can find the team you want to look at without muss or fuss. MLBDD, always making your life easier.
- Its the time of the year when trade rumors are flying, and one of the hottest rumors to recently go airborne is that the Rangers could be pretty close to moving Cole Hamels.
- The Astros have had a ton go right for them this year (well, the last couple of years really). Unfortunately, they will be without young phenom Carlos Correa for a bit as he is hitting the disabled list with a back injury.
- The Dodgers started this season spiraling down an abysmal void, but now they’re turning this car around and comin’ back hot. How will this new shift in gears determine their handling of the trade deadline?
- The Red Sox and Blue Jays did a minor trade amongst division rivals as Boston acquired Steve Pearce.
- The Chicago White Sox are not very good this year, but here is a preview of what to expect from them at the 2018 MLB Trade Deadline.
- The Angels are probably going to be searching for a third baseman on the trade market this summer after receiving the unfortunate news that Zack Cozart will have to undergo shoulder surgery.
- Miss a transaction that went down last week? Read this article and pretend like you’ve known what’s happening all along.
- Tracking all of the unsigned 2018 MLB draft picks by team, partially for baseball sake but also to kind of be nosey.
- Hunting for the Wild Card means the Giants need to make smart moves at the deadline or they’ll be watching October baseball from their couches.
- Baseball is full of surprises, so here are three teams that could have surprising second halves in 2018.
- Casey Mize was the #1 overall pick in the 2018 and he just got paid. The Tigers locked him up for the most money we have seen under the current draft rules.
- The Reds have cornered the market on pitchers who rake.
- Before you start hurling rotten fruit, hear our Managing Editor, Eric Cole, out on this one: MLB does not have a pace of play problem, it has a marketing problem.
- The Padres have one of the best relievers in baseball. Could this be the year they finally move Brad Hand at the deadline? The puns will be unbearable but you have to admit, they’re just...handing them to people. I’ll go now.
- In case you were vacationing under a rock this weekend: Here’s the story behind the Mariners’ amazing sleeveless jerseys.
- The Rangers may not be close to a playoff appearance, but some of their pitchers could be...just suited up in a different uniform. Here’s who Texas could part with when the deadline rolls around.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this season? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.