The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
The 2018 MLB Draft wrapped up with a nice little bow and a few surprises along the way. Miss out on something and need to catch up? Check out all of our draft coverage right here and never be that guy again.
We’re predicting every MLB team’s trade deadline moves because we like painful optimism and blind faith. Just in case you missed one or want an easy reference tool, we made an index of all of them so you can find the team you want to look at without muss or fuss. MLBDD, always making your life easier.
Our most recent FanPost Friday wants to know: What do you think of the shift?
- The Indians and Padres made a trade that saw the Indians acquire Brad Hand and Adam Cimber in exchange for one their top prospects, Francisco Mejia.
- For good measure, we also looked at the aforementioned Indians-Padres trade and graded the outcome for both teams.
- Late yesterday, the Cubs gave their own bullpen a boost as they brought in Jesse Chavez from the Rangers for a minor league pitcher.
- Stephen took a look at the idea that the Rockies should really strongly consider trading Nolan Arenado.
- While the Dodgers certainly got better after they acquired Manny Machado from the Orioles, our own Patrick Karraker believes that that move does not put them over the top.
- The Manny Machado trade saga is over, as the four-time All-Star has officially been dealt to the Dodgers for five prospects.
- With Machado going to Los Angeles, our own Matt Powers has provided immediate gradesfor the Dodgers and Orioles on the trade.
- Because they have cooled off after a great first two months and are in a stacked AL West, the Angels are in limbo as to whether they will be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline.
- The Phillies reportedly have interest in bringing back an old friend, as they’re targeting Blue Jays lefty (and 2004 Phillies draftee) J.A. Happ.
- The Braves are likely to be buyers at the trade deadline as they look to reach the postseason for the first time since 2013.
- The Red Sox and Braves are both interested in Mike Moustakas. There isn’t any specific movement yet towards the Royals trading him, but it seems far more likely than it did just a month or so ago.
- It is a time-honored tradition to argue on the Internet over whether or not to have the DH rule in place for the whole league, but Ivan came up with a new rule that turns the presence of a designated hitter into a strategic choice that can change based on the situation.
- MLB free agency was a nightmare last offseason, as nothing happened for a long time and it felt awkward to follow along and cover. Matt looked to some other sports for guidance as to how to make MLB’s free agency better.
- The Indians might be wise to target Adam Jones as they look to bolster their roster for the stretch run.
- And since it looks like Cleveland is just trying to take all of Baltimore’s happiness, they’re interested in acquiring Mychal Givens too.
- They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
- As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.