The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
The 2018 MLB Draft wrapped up with a nice little bow and a few surprises along the way. Miss out on something and need to catch up? Check out all of our draft coverage right here and never be that guy again.
We’re predicting every MLB team’s trade deadline moves because we like painful optimism and blind faith. Just in case you missed one or want an easy reference tool, we made an index of all of them so you can find the team you want to look at without muss or fuss. MLBDD, always making your life easier.
Our most recent FanPost Friday wants to know: What do you think of the shift?
In what is surely the third sign of the Apocalypse but a day that in in a “Y” for the Mets, Tim Tebow has hit the disabled list after sustaining an injury to his hand during Friday night’s game. Tebow will see a specialist in New York today to determine the next course of action. The team has yet to receive results from the X-Rays he underwent Friday evening, but he’s a Met, so it can’t be ideal.
The 30-year old is slashing .273/.336/.399 with six homers and 36 RBIs across 84 games this season, so take that everyone who told me on Twitter that he’s a lost cause. Let’s just forget the team-high 103 strikeouts, no one is perfect. Please join me in welcoming Tebow as an official Mets player, flesh wounds an all! There’s no timetable yet for his return but I’d say...oh about three days or so.
Here’s what else is going on around the baseball world:
- The Brewers are in a rough spot of late with not only the whole Josh Hader mess, but now it looks like Brent Suter is headed for Tommy John surgery.
- Need to get caught up on all of the transactions from yesterday? We have you covered right here.
- The Indians and Padres made a trade that saw the Indians acquire Brad Hand and Adam Cimber in exchange for one their top prospects, Francisco Mejia.
- For good measure, we also looked at the aforementioned Indians-Padres trade and graded the outcome for both teams.
- Noah Syndergaard will head to the DL with hand, foot and mouth disease because the Mets are determined to bring on all seven plagues so that there’s no one around to remember how disastrous their implosion was this season.
- Stephen took a look at the idea that the Rockies should really strongly consider trading Nolan Arenado.
- While the Dodgers certainly got better after they acquired Manny Machado from the Orioles, our own Patrick Karraker believes that that move does not put them over the top.
- The Tigers have placed Michael Fulmer on the disabled list with a strained oblique, quasi sinking their chances of having a productive trade deadline.
- The Phillies reportedly have interest in bringing back an old friend, as they’re targeting Blue Jays lefty (and 2004 Phillies draftee) J.A. Happ.
- The Athletics have acquired Jeurys Familia from Mets for two low level prospects, international slot money, and the Mets’ dignity.
- The Washington Nationals have traded Brian Goodwin to the Royals for Jacob Condra-Bogan.
- Josh Hader and America’s willingness to absolve white athletes.
- How Minor League Baseball players can begin unionizing.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.