The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
The 2018 MLB Draft wrapped up with a nice little bow and a few surprises along the way. Miss out on something and need to catch up? Check out all of our draft coverage right here and never be that guy again.
We’re predicting every MLB team’s trade deadline moves because we like painful optimism and blind faith. Just in case you missed one or want an easy reference tool, we made an index of all of them so you can find the team you want to look at without muss or fuss. MLBDD, always making your life easier.
Our most recent FanPost Friday wants to know: What do you think of the shift?
Here’s what else is going on around the baseball world:
- The Yankees already have a majors-best 2.75 bullpen ERA. Their relief corps got even better on Tuesday night as they acquired two-time All-Star Zach Britton, one of the majors’ most dominant relievers over the last several years, from the Orioles for a package of prospects headlined by Double-A starting pitcher Dillon Tate.
- Well, that was quick: After playing in just three games following a DL stint due to a right groin strain, Gary Sanchez is headed back to the disabled list with that same injury.
- As if their recent on-field utility and the Josh Hader PR disaster wasn’t enough, the Brewers have been dealt another tough blow, as it looks like Brent Suter is headed for Tommy John surgery.
- Now that the Athletics have experienced a major surge in July and planted themselves firmly in the playoff race, they’ll be buyers at the trade deadline.
- Cleveland and San Diego made a trade that saw the Indians acquire relievers Brad Hand and Adam Cimber in exchange for one their top prospects, Francisco Mejia.
- For good measure, we also looked at the aforementioned Indians-Padres trade and graded the outcome for both teams.
- Noah Syndergaard has been placed on the DL with hand, foot and mouth disease because the Mets are determined to bring on all seven plagues so that there’s no one around to remember how disastrous their implosion was this season.
- Stephen took a look at the idea that the Rockies should really strongly consider trading Nolan Arenado.
- While the Dodgers certainly got better after they acquired Manny Machado from the Orioles, that move may not put them over the top.
- The Tigers have placed Michael Fulmer on the disabled list with a strained oblique, quasi-sinking their chances of having a productive trade deadline.
- The Phillies reportedly have interest in bringing back an old friend, as they’re targeting Blue Jays lefty (and 2004 Phillies draftee) J.A. Happ.
- The Athletics have acquired Jeurys Familia from Mets for two low-level prospects, international slot money, and the Mets’ dignity.
- The Nationals culled their surplus of outfielders a bit over the weekend, trading Brian Goodwin to the Royals for prospect Jacob Condra-Bogan.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.