The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
The 2018 MLB Draft wrapped up with a nice little bow and a few surprises along the way. Miss out on something and need to catch up? Check out all of our draft coverage right here and never be that guy again.
We’re predicting every MLB team’s trade deadline moves because we like painful optimism and blind faith. Just in case you missed one or want an easy reference tool, we made an index of all of them so you can find the team you want to look at without muss or fuss. MLBDD, always making your life easier.
Our most recent FanPost Friday wants to know: What do you think of the shift?
Here’s what else is going on around the baseball world:
- Bad news coming out of the Bronx: Yankees’ Aaron Judge has suffered a chip fracture in his right wrist. While no surgery is needed, the young slugger will miss three weeks of play.
- The Cubs have acquired pitcher Cole Hamels from the Rangers.
- The Braves have acquired reliever Brad Brach from Orioles.
- The Braves have acquired Jonny Venters from the Rays for international slot money. So uh, get really excited about that one.
- The Diamondbacks also worked out a deal with the Rays on Wednesday, as they acquired right-handed pitcher Matt Andriese from Tampa Bay for a pair of prospects.
- The Mets, continuing their trade deadline purge, have traded Asdrubal Cabrera to the Phillies.
- The Washington Nationals have sent Stephen Strasburg back to the disabled list, this time assumably for whatever ninja move Max Scherzer put on him when the two went into the clubhouse after Strasburg rough first start back from his prior DL stint.
- The Twins have slim odds of making the playoffs this year, so the answer to whether they will be buyers or sellers should be clear in the next few days
- The Cardinals have acquired Chasen Shreve and Giovanny Gallegos from Yankees.
- The Dodgers and Padres are both vying for Chris Archer, per report.
- The Brewers and Orioles are engaged in ‘serious’ talks, possibly for a deal involving Jonathan Schoop and Kevin Gausman.
- As if their recent on-field futility and the Josh Hader PR disaster wasn’t enough, the Brewers have been dealt another tough blow, as it looks like Brent Suter is headed for Tommy John surgery.
- The Brewers have acquired Mike Moustakas from Royals for Brett Phillips and Jorge Lopez.
- Our Wayne Cavadi examines if ‘Ace’ is the most misused word in Major League Baseball.
- The Astros have made their first trade deadline move, acquiring Martin Maldonado from the Angels.
- Noah Syndergaard has been placed on the DL with hand, foot and mouth disease because the Mets are determined to bring on all seven plagues so that there’s no one around to remember how disastrous their implosion was this season.
- Seattle is looking at playoff contention for the first time in a good long while. Who will the Mariners acquire to put them over the postseason hump?
- While the Dodgers certainly got better after they acquired Manny Machado from the Orioles, that move may not put them over the top.
- The Brewers have acquired Joakim Soria from the White Sox, per Senator Dianne Feinstein, sorta.
- The Twins have traded Eduardo Escobar to the Diamondbacks.
- The Nationals could become sellers before deadline, per report.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.