The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
The 2018 MLB Draft wrapped up with a nice little bow and a few surprises along the way. Miss out on something and need to catch up? Check out all of our draft coverage right here and never be that guy again.
We’re predicting every MLB team’s trade deadline moves because we like painful optimism and blind faith. Just in case you missed one or want an easy reference tool, we made an index of all of them so you can find the team you want to look at without muss or fuss. MLBDD, always making your life easier.
Our most recent FanPost Friday wants to know: What do you think of the shift?
Yesterday was an incredibly busy day on the trade market, so lets get you all caught up.
- The Pirates made a late night trade to acquire Keone Kela from the Rangers. We still don’t know the fate of Adrian Beltre, but it is clear that the Rangers are selling.
- The Braves made a move that came out of nowhere to snag the Reds’ Adam Duvall to bolster their bench and their lineup against lefties.
- The Red Sox have filled one of their few holes in second base as they brought in solid veteran Ian Kinsler from the Angels due to Dustin Pedroia simply not being able to stay on the field.
- In the most interesting news of the day, the Nationals have made it known that Bryce Harper is available for the right price. This is a far cry from the Nationals that looked to make a big splash at the trade deadline as buyers
- The Yankees made a small improvement to their rotation with the acquisition of Lance Lynn.
- The Mariners are trying to stay in the AL West race and bolstered their bullpen as they got Zach Duke from the Twins.
- Despite all the baggage he has due to looming assault charges, the Astros sent a big package to the Blue Jays for closer Roberto Osuna.
- Chris Archer is in high demand on the trade market with the Padres, Braves, Pirates, and many others interested in his services.
- The Red Sox are making moves on the trade market, solidifying the fact that they are definitive buyers on the trade market.
- The Mariners continued to rework their pitching staff as they got Adam Warren from the Yankees.