The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
The 2018 MLB Draft wrapped up with a nice little bow and a few surprises along the way. Miss out on something and need to catch up? Check out all of our draft coverage right here and never be that guy again.
We’re predicting every MLB team’s trade deadline moves because we like painful optimism and blind faith. Just in case you missed one or want an easy reference tool, we made an index of all of them so you can find the team you want to look at without muss or fuss. MLBDD, always making your life easier.
Our most recent FanPost Friday wants to know:What do you think of the shift?
- It’s officially that time, baseball fans! The 2018 All-Star game is drawing near and your All-Stars have been announced. Check out who will be representing the American League, the National League, and who still needs your votes to get there.
- The Orioles have received offers from seven teams for Manny Machado so far, so get your popcorn ready folks ‘cause this means a mystery team is about to appear.
- The Yankees are thinking outside of the box a bit to shore up first base as they have been connected to Mike Moustakas in a report from Jon Morosi.
- The Blue Jays are out of striking distance in the rugged AL East. This led to the epiphany that general manager Ross Atkins recently had, which clearly answers the question, “Are the Blue Jays going to be buyers or sellers?” at the trade deadline this summer.
- The Giants have traded Austin Jackson and Cory Gearrin to the Rangers.
- The Dodgers have yet to separate themselves from the pack in the NL West — nor has any team for that matter — but they did make a move on Independence Day by acquiring relievers Dylan Floro and Zach Neal from the Reds in a four-player swap.
- Maybe Jose Bautista has something left in the tank after all.
- It is a time-honored tradition to argue on the Internet over whether or not to have the DH rule in place for the whole league, but Ivan came up with a new rule that turns the presence of a designated hitter into a strategic choice that can change based on the situation.
- MLB free agency was a nightmare last offseason, as nothing happened for a long time and it felt awkward to follow along and cover. Matt looked to some other sports for guidance as to how to make MLB’s free agency better.
- Hello, would you like to be mad this Monday morning? Here you go: MLB has conditionally reinstated Mets’ Jenrry Mejia for 2019, because apparently that’s a thing that we’re doing and it’s okay.
- Four 1st Round MLB draft picks failed to sign by the deadline. At least that means there’s enough sad fans for a support group?
- The Yankees seems to be unstoppable this season, that is of course until they’re met with sliders down and away. Moving on...there no doubt they’ll be active this trade deadline, but what will the Cash Man have in store for the Boogie Down this season?
- The Mariners have signed Jerry Dipoto to a multi-year extension, because he’s Jerry MF’in Dipoto.
- Baseball is full of surprises, so here are three teams that could have surprising second halves in 2018.
- The Padres have one of the best relievers in baseball. Could this be the year they finally move Brad Hand at the deadline? The puns will be unbearable, but you have to admit, they’re just...handing them to people. I’ll go now.
- Tampa’s season has been mostly dark clouds with little flecks of sunshine. Those flecks will probably be gone by the end of the trade deadline. Sorry.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors start to fly, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down around MLB.