The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Need to catch up on everything that happened at this year’s non-waiver trade deadline? Check out our complete review of every deal that went down on July 31.
- The Athletics clearly sense an opportunity from their recent hot streak as they bolstered their bullpen again by acquiring Fernando Rodney from the Twins.
- Every year, there are players that come out of nowhere to surprise us or come back from tough seasons to perform well. Here is a look at 20 players that have broken out in 2018.
- With the trade deadline having come and gone, here is a look at how well the AL West did at the trade deadline.
- Our own Patrick Karraker looked at which MLB clubs have the best rosters to make a postseason run.
- The Nationals lost one of their bigger trade acquisitions to the DL as we looked at the transactions across MLB from Wednesday.
- The Pirates continued to find ways to improve their roster as they pursue a somewhat-improbable playoff run, acquiring Adeiny Hechavarria from the Rays in a waiver-wire move.
- In another waiver-wire deal, the Athletics finally got their man, as Mike Fiers joins one of the majors’ hottest teams in Oakland.
- Our own Matt Powers went through the winners and losers of the trade deadline and identified the deals he liked the most.
- Tyson Ross has been claimed off of waivers by Cardinals, thus jump starting waiver-wire SZN.
- The Brewers have claimed Jordan Lyles off of waivers.
- After the Nationals DFA’d him following a glove-throwing tantrum, he Athletics acquired Shawn Kelley from Washington in exchange for international slot money.