The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Need to catch up on everything that happened at this year’s non-waiver trade deadline? Check out our complete review of every deal that went down on July 31.
Excited about the Little League World Series action that’s about to go down? Of course you are. Here’s everything you need to know to watch these kids chase baseball glory and root for your closest state. Disclaimer: Todd Frazier not included. Did you know he’s from Tom’s River?
- Less than a week after being activated, Boston’s ace is once again missing from the rotation. The Red Sox have placed Chris Sale back on the disabled list with left shoulder inflammation.
- Just after being dealt at the deadline, Tommy Pham hit the disabled list for a small fracture in his right foot. But now he’s returned to the Rays and has shown that he can healthily run and, even better, provide run support. Here are the other transactions that have gone down recently.
- Jose Urena basically turned into Public Enemy #1 after he hit Ronald Acuna Jr. with the first pitch of the game the other night. MLB didn’t like that and gave him a six-game suspension for his trouble.
- This nun threw out a first pitch so good she belongs in the majors. Please do not let Brian Cashman get to her.
- Umpires aren’t usually known for their cat-like reflexes, but umpire Manny Gonzalez showed off some strong hand-eye coordination and top tier reflexes when he caught Nick Castellanos’ bat flip in mid-flight.
- The Rangers are not having a good year, but they did something pretty special as they turned one of the crazier triple plays you will ever see.
- Is your team’s skipper getting you down? There might be a reprieve in your future. Here are four MLB managers that could be let go after the 2018 season.
- August isn’t over yet, and there’s still plenty of wheeling and dealing to be done across baseball. These players have a high probability of getting moved by the end of August.
- Hot take alert: The most exciting action this September is going to come out west.
- Every year, there are players that come out of nowhere to surprise us. Here is a look at 20 players that have broken out in 2018.
- With the trade deadline having come and gone, here is a look at how well the NL West did at the trade deadline.
- We took a look at which MLB club has the best roster to make a postseason run.