The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Need to catch up on everything that happened at this year’s non-waiver trade deadline? Check out our complete review of every deal that went down on July 31.
- The Braves missed out on Chris Archer at the trade deadline, but they may end up better for it as their trade for Kevin Gausman played into their strengths and may have been the right move all along.
- Need to get caught up on the transactions from Wednesday? We have you covered in our daily transactions recap.
- With the way their season has gone, the Giants might try to look toward the future by trading Andrew McCutchen after the outfielder cleared revocable trade waivers.
- The Phillies added another veteran to their bullpen by acquiring Luis Avilan from the White Sox.
- The Nationals have apparently chosen to keep Bryce Harper through the end of the season, but they began the process of admitting defeat in 2018 by dealing Daniel Murphy to the Cubs for a low-level minor-leaguer and cash or a player to be named later on Tuesday.
- 2018 has been a very disappointing season for Yu Darvish, and we found out Tuesday that he won’t have an opportunity to make it any more pleasant — he’ll miss the rest of the season due to a stress reaction in his elbow.
- Get all caught up on the transactions from Monday with our complete MLB transactions recap.
- Less than a week after being activated, Boston’s ace is once again missing from the rotation. The Red Sox placed Chris Sale back on the disabled list with left shoulder inflammation.
- Is your team’s skipper getting you down? There might be a reprieve in your future. Here are four MLB managers that could be let go after the 2018 season.
- August isn’t over yet, and there’s still plenty of wheeling and dealing to be done across baseball. These players have a high probability of getting moved by the end of August.
- Hot take alert: The most exciting action this September is going to come out west.
- Every year, there are players that come out of nowhere to surprise us. Here is a look at 20 players that have broken out in 2018.
- With the trade deadline having come and gone, here is a look at how well the NL West did at the trade deadline.
- We took a look at which MLB club has the best roster to make a postseason run.