The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Need to catch up on everything that happened at this year’s non-waiver trade deadline? Check out our complete review of every deal that went down on July 31.
- The Braves missed out on Chris Archer at the trade deadline, but they may end up better for it as their trade for Kevin Gausman played into their strengths and may have been the right move all along.
- Need to get caught up on the transactions from the weekend? We have you covered in our daily transactions recap.
- Maybe the Giants drafting Joey Bart wasn’t as silly as it initially looked. Buster Posey will undergo hip surgery, ending his season behind the plate. Do you think Bruce Bochy can tell me my horoscope too?
- The Cubs deserve every bit of criticism they’ve gotten for the Daniel Murphy trade.
- In today’s edition of, “Wait, that person is still playing in the majors?”, the Blue Jays have designated Jaime Garcia for assignment. In other news, Toronto fans across the Northern Hemisphere can be heard celebrating wildly.
- Put it in the books, everyone: Hawaii has defeated South Korea to win Little League World Series, a true inspiration to aspiring Todd Fraziers everywhere.
- Is your team’s skipper getting you down? There might be a reprieve in your future. Here are four MLB managers that could be let go after the 2018 season.
- August isn’t over yet, and there’s still plenty of wheeling and dealing to be done across baseball. These players have a high probability of getting moved by the end of August.
- Hot take alert: The most exciting action this September is going to come out west.
- Every year, there are players that come out of nowhere to surprise us. Here is a look at 20 players that have broken out in 2018.
- Why it’s so hard for American women to simply play baseball.
- We took a look at which MLB club has the best roster to make a postseason run.