The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Need to catch up on everything that happened at this year’s non-waiver trade deadline? Check out our complete review of every deal that went down on July 31.
• Blue Jays Star third baseman Josh Donaldson is expected to be traded on Friday after being placed on revocable trade waivers Wednesday following a rehab game. There are already teams lined up for his services.
• The Mets acquiring Jose Bautista and the Blue Jays’ Josh Donaldson going on a rehab assignment highlighted the transactions list for Tuesday, Aug. 28.
• After he led the Cardinals to a 26-12 record as interim manager, 50-year-old Mike Shildt was given a contract that runs through 2020 and officially named the team’s manager on Tuesday.
- With the Nationals pretty much out of the playoff race at this point, they’re reportedly taking calls on 2017 Cy Young candidate turned 2018 liability Gio Gonzalez.
- With the Phillies’ outfield mix a bit shaky heading into the final month of the regular season, they went out and added another option for manager Gabe Kapler on Tuesday, acquiring Jose Bautista from the Mets for a player to be named later or cash.
- It’ll be interesting to see if the Braves go out and add an established starting catcher this offseason, but we now know that Tyler Flowers will continue to be part of their catching mix for the foreseeable future, as they’ve signed him to a one-year extension with an option for 2020.
- Need to catch up on all of Monday’s transactions? We’ve got you covered here.
- The Rays have been incredibly hot of late. However, they have made some very questionable moves dating back to the end of the 2017 season that may have cost them a playoff spot this year.
- The Braves missed out on Chris Archer at the trade deadline, but they may end up better for it as their trade for Kevin Gausman played into their strengths and may have been the right move all along.
- The Cubs deserve every bit of criticism they’ve gotten for the Daniel Murphy trade.
- Is your team’s skipper getting you down? There might be a reprieve in your future. Here are four MLB managers that could be let go after the 2018 season.
- August isn’t over yet, and there’s still plenty of wheeling and dealing to be done across baseball. These players have a high probability of getting moved by the end of August.
- Every year, there are players that come out of nowhere to surprise us. Here is a look at 20 players that have broken out in 2018.