The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Need to catch up on everything that happened at this year’s non-waiver trade deadline? Check out our complete review of every deal that went down on July 31.
The last few days have obviously been quite active as it pertains to wheeling and dealing. Let’s quickly get you caught up.
Now that the 2018 MLB Trade Deadline has passed, we’re taking a look back at what each team in each division was able to accomplish (or not accomplish) before July 31. We began our recap series with the clubs in the American League East.
- The Pirates continued to find ways to improve their roster as they pursue a somewhat improbably playoff run as they acquired Adeiny Hechavarria from the Rays in a waiver wire move.
- In another waiver wire deal, the Athletics finally got their man as Mike Fiers is now in Oakland on one of the hottest teams in the league.
- Get caught up on all of the transactions from Sunday by perusing our transactions list.
- The AL Central had some interesting dynamics at the trade deadline with most of the teams being sellers. Here is our recap of how the AL Central did for themselves at the deadline.
- Almost immediately after being acquired by the Padres at the deadline, Tommy Pham is headed to the DL with a fractured foot.
- The injury count continues to climb this year as Johnny Cueto is headed for Tommy John surgery.
- Our own Matt Powers went through the winners and losers of the trade deadline and identified the deals he liked the most.
- Tyson Ross has been claimed off of waivers by Cardinals, thus jump starting waiver wire szn.
- The Padres have placed Wil Myers on the disabled list with a left foot contusion, as the second half of their season begins already riddled with injuries.
- Angels’ manager Mike Scioscia will step down after the 2018 season, per report...which is approximately two months later than most Angels fans had hoped for.
- The Brewers have claimed Jordan Lyles off of waivers.
- The Athletics have acquired Shawn Kelley from Nationals in exchange for international slot money.