The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Need to catch up on everything that happened at this year’s non-waiver trade deadline? Check out our complete review of every deal that went down on July 31.
- It’s never too early to start looking at the free agent hellfire that will rain down on us the moment the World Series ends. For crying out loud, Bryce Harper was being asked about going to the Yankees before this season even began. Our Patrick Karraker previews the 2018-2019 MLB free agent class and what that means for each team as well as your sanity.
- The Blue Jays have had a tough season in an absolutely brutal division. The team does not seem happy with the direction of the team and will reportedly fire John Gibbons once the 2018 season ends.
- Shohei Ohtani has amazed us all this year, but it looks like the Angels rookie sensation’s season may be over after he has been recommended to have Tommy John surgery on his right UCL. Then again, he did defy logic shortly after the announcement by going 4-for-4 with two home runs against the Rangers.
- Now that we are in September, here is a list of call-ups to keep an eye on as the month progresses.
- Cleveland is expected to activate Josh Donaldson from the disabled list on Tuesday, so buckle up everyone because it’s going to be a dinger fest.
- The MLB postseason has certainly become more exciting this decade with the creation of the wild-card play-in game. Our Anthony Spaulding believes that the playoffs are still very imperfect, though, and he writes that maybe the two playoff teams with the worst records should face off in that one-game playoff.
- Michael Kopech is hitting the to the 60-Day disabled list, so sorry to ruin literally everything.
- It’s September! You know what that means? Okay yes, pumpkin product infestation, but also roster expansion. Here’s your dose of September call-ups so you’re not late to the party.
- Let’s rank all 70 of Mark McGwire’s 1998 homers.
- Kolten Wong has been activated from the 10-day disabled list, at the same time, the Braves have losst Dustin Peterson to a waiver claim. Baseball, you cruel mistress.
- Ryan Howard is MLB’s true single-season home run king.
- The Rays have been incredibly hot of late. However, they have made some very questionable moves dating back to the end of the 2017 season that may have cost them a playoff spot this year.
- Who’s in and who’s out of the MLB postseason?