The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Need to catch up on everything that happened at this year’s non-waiver trade deadline? Check out our complete review of every deal that went down on July 31.
- David Wright was supposed to be the next face of the Mets franchise. Unfortunately, his body broke down and now it looks like he is going to be calling it quits. He will start for one final game with the Mets at the end of the month.
- To get all caught up on the goings on around the league, here is our complete MLB transactions recap.
- While the AL playoff races are basically all settled, the National League looks like it is going to be wide open down to the last week of the season.
- If you want to know how to do a bat flip the right way, here are the unwritten rules to follow.
- The Red Sox became the first team this year to clinch a playoff berth, defeating the Blue Jays and improving to 99-46. Though the Sox have cooled off over the last month that they no longer have a realistic chance to finish with the best record in major-league history, it’s undeniable that they’ve been dominant this year, and they’ll head into the playoffs as World Series favorites.
- We took a look at the players who were September call-ups earlier in the month, but here is a look at the players that were, at the risk of sounding less than delicate, snubbed as September call-ups because of service-time considerations and other, more mysterious reasons.
- It’s never too early to start looking at the free-agent hellfire that will rain down on us the moment the World Series ends. For crying out loud, Bryce Harper was being asked about going to the Yankees before this season even began. Check out our preview of the 2018-2019 MLB free-agent class.
- The Blue Jays have had a tough season in an absolutely brutal division. The front office does not appear to be happy with the club’s direction and will reportedly fire John Gibbons once the 2018 season ends.
- Now that we are in September, here is a list of call-ups to keep an eye on as the month progresses.