The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Need to catch up on everything that happened at this year’s non-waiver trade deadline? Check out our complete review of every deal that went down on July 31.
- David Wright was supposed to be the next face of the Mets franchise. Unfortunately, his body broke down and now it looks like he is going to be calling it quits. He will start for one final game with the Mets at the end of the month.
- To get all caught up on the goings on around the league, including Joe Biagini and Aaron Judge’s activation off of the disabled list, here is our complete MLB transactions recap.
- While the AL playoff races are basically all settled, the National League looks like it is going to be wide open down to the last week of the season.
- The Yankees will call up long awaited
messiahprospect, Justus Sheffield. Someone will have to be bumped from the 40-man to clear the spot. Any guesses?
- If you want to know how to do a bat flip the right way, here are the unwritten rules to follow.
- The Red Sox became the first team this year to clinch a playoff berth. Though the Sox have cooled off over the last month that they no longer have a realistic chance to finish with the best record in major-league history, it’s undeniable that they’ve been dominant this year, and they’ll head into the playoffs as World Series favorites.
- The MLB captain is a dying breed. Our Wayne Cavadi looked at 5 players who deserve the title.
- We took a look at the players who were September call-ups earlier in the month, but here is a look at the players that were, at the risk of sounding less than delicate, snubbed as September call-ups because of service-time considerations and other, more mysterious reasons.
- It’s never too early to start looking at the free-agent hellfire that will rain down on us the moment the World Series ends. For crying out loud, Bryce Harper was being asked about going to the Yankees before this season even began. Check out our preview of the 2018-2019 MLB free-agent class.
- The NL Rookie of the Year race is heating up, so I hope everyone has a refreshment handy.
- Another baseball player has hand, foot, and mouth disease and this is starting to emerge as a startling pattern.
- Dominance over the AL Central has Cleveland back in the playoffs, because parody is dead folks.