The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Need to catch up on everything that happened at this year’s non-waiver trade deadline? Check out our complete review of every deal that went down on July 31.
- It’s September! You know what that means? Okay yes, pumpkin product infestation, but also roster expansion. Here’s your dose of September call-ups so you’re not late to the party.
- The Yankees pulled a late night trade on Thursday to bolster their outfield with Aaron Judge ailing as they acquired Andrew McCutchen from the Giants. In other news, Cutch with no facial hair is a new and unsettling experience.
• The Royals opt for some bullpen depth and acquire lefty reliever Drew Butera from the Rockies in exchange for veteran catcher Jerry Vasto
- The historically awful Royals and Orioles can teach us something about baseball.
• The Dodgers have acquired a well tested veteran in Ryan Madson, as the Nationals make it even more clear that they’ve thrown in the towel.
• After he led the Cardinals to a 26-12 record as interim manager, 50-year-old Mike Shildt was given a contract that runs through 2020 and officially named the team’s manager on Tuesday.
- The Athletics have acquired sidearm pitcher Cory Gearrin from Rangers.
- The Brewers have given their pitching staff a bump in acquiring Xavier Cedeno from White Sox, but will it be enough for playoff glory?
- It’ll be interesting to see if the Braves go out and add an established starting catcher this offseason, but we now know that Tyler Flowers will continue to be part of their catching mix for the foreseeable future, as they’ve signed him to a one-year extension with an option for 2020.
- The Rays have been incredibly hot of late. However, they have made some very questionable moves dating back to the end of the 2017 season that may have cost them a playoff spot this year.
- The Bringer of Rain is taking his storm cloud to the United States: The Blue Jays have traded Josh Donaldson to Cleveland. Pour one out for your Canadian friends.
- Not to be slowed down or counted out, the Brewers continue to add questionable pitching depth in previous ace/current flight risk, Gio Gonzalez.
- Is your team’s skipper getting you down? There might be a reprieve in your future. Here are four MLB managers that could be let go after the 2018 season.
- The Yankees have picked up Adeiny Hechavarria from the Pirates for cash in a strange deal that I’m sure the Ca$h Man has a reason for? Anyone?